Thursday, February 16, 2012

Treasure Hunting

We had collected lots of shredded paper for our preschool children. I wanted to make it interesting for my younger preschoolers. I thought about what I could add and how I could make it fun and exciting for them- what would attract them to the activity?  We already added some magnetic ball, but when we added some red and white gems and provided a few bamboo basket --they knew what do.  

Each of them were eagerly exploring and discovering their treasures --They were not only feeling the paper and seeing how they could manipulate it, but also were curious about what else they could find. When they discovered the crystal colored and ruby colored gems -it was amazing to observe their expressions- surprise, joy, interest....  We were counting how much they collected, describing the color.  

M said her mum has lots of jewelry-she will have it when she will grown up. Ma agree that her mum has some too-but she didn't think that mum will give it to her. Boys were excited to count how many gem they have- looking for more to add to their treasure.  They were engaged with the activity for quite a long time, until we invite them for our Duhr salat.

Find the treasure!
I see one!

It feels strange
Look at my treasure

Did we find them all?

No comments:

Post a Comment